Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Pyramid Vault. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Rate GL issue 2

From 1 (poor) to 5 (great) how would you rate the 2nd issue of GL?
1 poor [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
2 meh [ 2 ]  [9.52%]
3 ok [ 6 ]  [28.57%]
4 good [ 8 ]  [38.10%]
5 great [ 5 ]  [23.81%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
Draco
Posted on Feb 21 2006, 04:23 PM

Tadpole

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,042

Hey guys, Iíve just registered here as someone e-mailed me issue two of the Green Lizard. Its pretty good, but I only gave it a three as obviously it needed a bit more work, but the effort, articles and layout were good.

Individually Iíd like to mark it as 4/5 for effort, 4/5 for the content and 3/5 for the layout.

Look, if you need any help with content, let me know as I have a great deal of experience having been playing GW games for about 16 years.

Iím quite flexible with technical aspects of the game, converting, painting and theory, but lack the ability to write background material and my drawings crap.

Anyway, the offers there if you want it, Iíll leave it at that and go enjoy the rest of the forum.

Cheers,

Draco.
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 03:27 PM

Tadpole

Member No.: 2,392

*ducks from thrown objects for reviving a long-dead topic*...

Just out of curiosity, the link given for the second issue is no longer valid and I was wondering wether anyone still has the second issue of the Green Lizard kept on their harddrive or could upload them again.

Greetz

--------------------
Borak Says - Pearls of wisdom from the Chaos Lord
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
arkol
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 03:31 PM

The Returned

Group: RPG Moderators
Member No.: 786

I probably have. Or would have if i didn't had to format my HD a couple months ago. I'm pretty sure I have that in some back up CD somewhere.... although I have no idea how to upload non-image files... that was shadow job....

I supose I can send it by email or you can pop up in msn/aim and I can send it to you (once I find it that is).

--------------------
QUOTE (Staurikosaurus about Andy Hoare as lizardmen general)
Someone should have made this error clear to him by showing him how the stegadon doubles as a suppository
Thee Forsaken One
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 03:58 PM

Hating What's Left

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I have it on my hard drive. Let's see if I can attach it... irritatingly I can't despite apparently having unlimited attachment sizes. I'll upload it and post a new link.

--------------------
arkol
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 04:01 PM

The Returned

TFO I can't seem to find it in any of my back-up cds. If you could send it to me via msn I would apreciate it.

Thx

--------------------
Someone should have made this error clear to him by showing him how the stegadon doubles as a suppository
Thee Forsaken One
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 04:04 PM

Hating What's Left

--------------------
arkol
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 04:07 PM

The Returned

That was fast.... well there you go Skaven Lord V.

Can I ask why the interest on GL?

--------------------
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 08:19 PM

Tadpole

@TFO:
Cheers mate, appreciate it... smile.gif

@arkol:
Off course you can... To do so, I'll take the opportunity to do a little introduction. As my name clearly indicates I'm a Skaven player and a member of the UnderEmpire.net community. Aside from being a Council of Thirteen member (the admin and moderator team) since before the Storm of Chaos summer campaign, I am since September last year also an editor for the Skavenblight Gazette webmagazine.
Now I have (in the far past) written an article or two for some game magazines, but never really been in the position of editing one. As such, I'm continuously in search of 'reference material'. It sounds somewhat wrong to call it that, but by reading other webmagazines one can get a decent indication of how others have built up their magazine and (off course) trying to improve it in the new release of your own magazine.

Though, next to that I simply love to read through the hobby material and articles written by the gaming community. While not going on a rant regarding the White Dwarf, I personally rate the webmagazines (such as the Green Lizard, Da Warpath Quarterly, etc.) a tad higher due to the clear link they have with a community, but also due to the 'no-nonsence' style of writing (in many cases)... I don't know, let's just summarize it as collecting. laugh.gif

Greetz

--------------------
Methrin
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 08:34 PM

Saurus Scar Veteran

Member No.: 2,344

Nice. Do tell us when your next issue comes out, I'll be glad to check it out, both because I dig the skaven (sister plays 'em) but also 'cause my job is to write articles for a mmorpg website hehe.
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 08:42 PM

Tadpole

*grins*... No problem. I've already contacted TFO earlier today wether I could 'advertise'/ promote the release of a new issue and as he agreed upon this, you'll (hopefully) see a post in the OT forum somewhere during this month about the release.

Greetz

Edit:
I've noticed though it's over a year since the GL2 was released. What's actually happening with that at the moment? (If I may ask). Is there a third issue still being made, or is the whole webmagazine considered a bit... well, 'dead'?

This post has been edited by Skaven Lord Vinshqueek on Apr 4 2007, 08:44 PM

--------------------
Thee Forsaken One
Posted on Apr 4 2007, 09:48 PM

Hating What's Left

Yeah, it's dead for the moment. Perhaps it might get resurrected again. It died for a while before issue two came out so seems kind of a strange tradition it picked up.

--------------------
Mortis
Posted on Apr 5 2007, 08:39 AM

2nd Generation Slann

Member No.: 1,891

Somebody should get a new publishing team together...

--------------------
user posted image

Elves count in base 12. They're cool like that

Yay! The black and orange is gone biggrin.gif

New avatar coming soon.....
someone2040
Posted on Apr 5 2007, 11:40 AM

Skink of the Matrix

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 26

Yeah, but the Green Lizard is a cursed name.
An issue comes out then it dies. Later resurrected for another issue to come out then die again.
Needs a new name if we ever get together another publishing team.

Also, we have lost a lot of veterans for the forum so it's harder to get some nice material these days (and it was still hard back then).

This post has been edited by someone2040 on Apr 5 2007, 11:40 AM

--------------------
--SoMeoNe2040--
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Posted on Apr 13 2007, 07:25 AM

Tadpole

QUOTE (Methrin @ Apr 4 2007, 08:34 PM)
Nice. Do tell us when your next issue comes out, I'll be glad to check it out, both because I dig the skaven (sister plays 'em) but also 'cause my job is to write articles for a mmorpg website hehe.

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0317 seconds · Archive
Warvault's Fantasy List