Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Pyramid Vault. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

help me make a demon killer
Kiour_gr
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 11:55 PM

Saurus Old Blood

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,368

i was reading the lizardmen fluff and its seems when chaos first appeared lot of cities were destroyed. So i was thinking maybe we could create a special character that has fought and killed a good amount of demons.

His first real battle (still as a Saurus Warrior) against the forces of chaos started at Xahutec the city was totally destroyed by demons and all its slanns slain. X managed to survive combat and flee into the jungle.
He wanders of and establishes a small war band executing counter attacks in the depths of the jungle.
A few years after he reappears in the city of Hexoatl much more experienced and gained the honor of a Temple guard and is assigned to Lord Mazdamundi unit.
As the battle continues a Daemon (which has barely survived one of Lord Mazdamundi spells) rear attacks the unit.
X's determination, hatred and skill this time lead his halberd into the chest of the demon. X even cold blooded feels a sensation he has not felt before he thinks it is the completion of his sacred duty (protecting the slann), later on he will realize it has the expression of the demons face as he twisted the halberd.

He managed to slay a exalted demon by himself in the same battle. This convinces him that these mighty daemonic monsters are not unbeatable.

After slaying his first Daemon the Slanns of the fourth generations bestowed upon him the blade of realities.

The experience and hatred he has against daemons has gained him the reputation of X the Daemon Bannisher. With the aid of the old ones artefact's. He was turned his experiences into weapons. He has been the target of their spells and blades.
He knows how they move, how they strike and how they defend.
He has made killing demons a way of life and in a way a form of art.

His reputation has traveled across the realm of chaos Demons seek to confront him, to take his head and drink his soul but none of these demons return.

Dwarfs Slayers envy as they hear stories of a Lizard that has slain 100 demons and slays more with each passing day. (maybe they travel to find him and exchange experiences?)

But slaying demons can be no good for a soul.
He turns slowly into the very thing he hunts. with every kill he became more agitated and aggressive, even when not in combat. (we can put mutations on him too if you guys like?)

Enough fluff

i would like him a scar vet but since he is going to be designed to kill daemons which are mostly lords i think he should be a old blood.

Saurus Oldblood
Mv WS BS St To Wo In At Ld Sv WSv
4 6 5 5 3 3 5 8 5+ 1

Lord. Cold Blooded. Scaly Skin (5+)

Blessings
Quetzl
Tlazcolt
Old Ones

Weapon: Blade of realities
Armor: light Armour
Shield: Demon shield. After each victory X squeezes the blood of the dead demon upon his shield shield. These blood still caries powers of the monster giving x spell resistance 2. x points ?
aura of quetzl 30 points

up to here Cost: 283

slayer rule. X points ?
hates demons x points ?
if there is a demon in charge range he must charge that unit.

any suggestions for the guys name?
points?
fair or unfair?
change something? add something? remove something?
maril
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 04:28 AM

Saurus Old Blood

Member No.: 1,632

Nakai is supposed to be fairly potent against demons, you might want to read the fluff and rules there to see what is already in place.
Kiour_gr
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 07:50 AM

Saurus Old Blood

yes i know about nakai but wanted it in a oldblood.

looking at it again i dont like the shield, lizardmen have no spell resistance maybe he generates 2 dispell dice instead?

or a better version of enchanded shield?

how about making demons hate him too?

i could remove the hate deamons and increase his attacks but then he would be a very good all around killer. i think hatred is better than adding 2 attacks to him

how about he can never be mounted.
give me a hand guys?

This post has been edited by Kiour_gr on Mar 22 2007, 08:13 AM
maril
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 10:34 PM

Saurus Old Blood

Member No.: 1,632

Swap the blade of realities for a weapon that gives him killing blow vs demons and perhaps +1S vs everything. That should be hurty enough and only give him bonuses where he is supposed to have them, AND it leaves the blade of realities in the magic pile for another lord to pickup in a big battle

The shield may need a tweek, perhaps just a maiming shield for the extra attack or the one nobody ever uses, mirrored pool, characters dont need to have an entire suit of specific special character items.

Hatred vs Demons is good, but have it work both ways, so demons have hatred right back.

Slayer rules are dwarf specific, leave them there.

Do you want the character to operate more independantly, ie like a JSOD or to be a good leader for the army?
magicaltux
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 04:42 PM

Saurus Temple Guard

Member No.: 2,320

I really don't like an idea, everyone would play an Oldblood instead of this dude, this dude is also only playable and useful versus chaos who actually use demons...

--------------------
Live in your world... Die in mine...
Kiour_gr
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 06:06 PM

Saurus Old Blood

i actually like the idea of having a old blood that has specialized in killing deamons which are lizardmens primery enemies the ones that desecrated all our cities.

QUOTE (maril @ Mar 22 2007, 10:34 PM)
Swap the blade of realities for a weapon that gives him killing blow vs demons and perhaps +1S vs everything.  That should be hurty enough and only give him bonuses where he is supposed to have them, AND it leaves the blade of realities in the magic pile for another lord to pickup in a big battle

The shield may need a tweek, perhaps just  a maiming shield for the extra attack or the one nobody ever uses, mirrored pool, characters dont need to have an entire suit of specific special character items.

Hatred vs Demons is good, but have it work both ways, so demons have hatred right back.

Slayer rules are dwarf specific, leave them there.

Do you want the character to operate more independantly, ie like a JSOD or to be a good leader for the army?

maril i like your idea about the sword

and will abandon the slayer rule.

keep it coming

This post has been edited by Kiour_gr on Mar 27 2007, 01:15 PM
tankmaster
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 09:00 AM

Saurus Scar Veteran

Member No.: 2,332

You don't want to make him too good against deamons, that makes the points cost for him harder to work out. If he is soo good against demons that he could just kill regiment after regimant he'd be expensive, but when facing wood elves etc he'd get no bonuses and be too expensive. But as he's a house rule charater it won't matter so much.

Speaking of wood elves, I think at least a few of his abilties shoud work against forest spirits and maybe some undead stuff as they are practiclly demons anyway.

--------------------
Lizardmen results w/d/l 0/0/4
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0267 seconds · Archive
Warvault's Fantasy List