InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Roc's Nest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Legacy of Zelda, Watch this
Marlin Beta
Posted: Dec 1 2009, 05:39 PM

Skxawng

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 3

Sui-kun
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 04:04 AM

Scribe of the Roc

Member No.: 40

That was very interesting. Thank you very much for that, Marlin.

I noticed that Aonuma was mostly telling us about only obvious info about the next Zelda game. ninja.gif There's no telling what it's going to be like, even with the teaser artwork.
Marlin Beta
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 06:41 PM

Skxawng

Yeah, the artwork for the upcoming title doesn't give much to guess about. I think it's interesting that the character behind link bears a strange similarity to Midna (spoilers if you didn't catch that) and in the artwork, Link isn't carrying a sword. It almost looks like a sequel to Twilight Princess. But I could have sworn that I remember reading that the "Ocarina of Time" universe was going to be put to bed with Twilight Princess and that producers/developers...etc. were going to start exploring new world designs. I dunno.
Sui-kun
Posted: Dec 8 2009, 01:51 AM

Scribe of the Roc

Hmm... I was testing you Marlin, but I think I know a bit more than you might.

Marlin, don't you think the strange being standing before Link looks like something besides Midna?

In truth, when I first saw the image, the first thing that came to mind was not Midna, but the Master Sword. The "girl" (or what looks like one) is likely the Master Sword itself given form. Just look at it. Strong likenesses. Purple and silver color scheme. Furthermore, the sword is missing from Link's hand. This is all evidence supporting the hypothesis that the mysterious being is the Master Sword.

There are images floating around the internet making comparisons between the sword and the girl. A lot of people (like me) saw the resemblance instantly, and are 100% positive of the relationship, while others think we're nuts and just don't see it.

Link: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=...q=&aqi=&start=0

So, on the contrary, I think there is a lot to guess about. But I really like the idea.
Marlin Beta
Posted: Dec 8 2009, 06:54 PM

Skxawng

While checking your link, I found a theory that I thought was interesting.

user posted image

I do think I remember someone saying that the Queen of Fairies might have a bigger role in a later game. I also think that the Queen of Fairies said something to the effect of "I must tell you...you are just my type" to young Link in The Wind Waker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_hdTMM9qaU

However, I do agree that the gem on this strange girl's chest is very indicative of the master sword. Additionally, the sword missing from Link's hand is very suggestive that this the case.
Sui-kun
Posted: Dec 9 2009, 02:28 PM

Scribe of the Roc

I didn't know that thing with the ragdoll was a Great Fairy. o_0

I see the resemblance, but I don't see how the Great Fairy might take a bigger role in the future.
Marlin Beta
Posted: Dec 9 2009, 05:17 PM

Skxawng

QUOTE (Sui-kun @ Dec 9 2009, 03:28 PM)
I didn't know that thing with the ragdoll was a Great Fairy. o_0

I see the resemblance, but I don't see how the Great Fairy might take a bigger role in the future.

I'm not sure either, but it's the Queen of Fairies, not a great fairy.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | TLoZ: Twilight Princess | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0746 seconds | Archive