InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Chrono Trigger Remake Project. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Keeping in touch
Apocalypse
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:00 PM

Seraphim of the Apocalypse

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

The final year for me at college is underway. Previously, over the summer, I had begun work on a little Action/Adventure/Platformer game. My previous demos never really went anywhere interesting since I was using very limited assets, so I took a little time to look in to spriting. I'm not a master by any means, but I was able to make some basic sprite work, some of which is seen below.

user posted imageuser posted image

I haven't shaded these yet, since I was pretty anxious to test out my map builder.
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

Unfortunately though, I've had so much work piled on me since the semester began that I haven't made much progress lately. I was very close to completing a map loading system.

Anyway, it may never turn in to anything worthwhile, but I figured it was worth mentioning. I'm going to keep working on it, whenever the time to do so presents itself.
Moogle Man
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 11:30 PM

TEAM- Concept Artist, Texture Artist, Lazy Artist Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 480

Obviously this thread is in need of a bump every few months
ninja.gif
Apocalypse
Posted: May 4 2012, 02:14 AM

Yeah, I had a feeling going on there for a while that everyone saw my terrible spritework and was absolutely mortified by it and decided to never return.

Incidentally, I haven't scrapped the idea, but as I learned more about how game development works, I'd realized that I did a lot of things wrong with my past approach. Even the sprites were made incorrectly, which would make them basically unusable for an actual game. I found out I'd effectively have to remake everything from scratch using the new stuff I've learned.

Instead, for one of my final projects in college, I got involved with the development of a framework for an SRPG akin to Fire Emblem for Android/PC. I'm thinking I might expand more on that idea first since what I have so far looks pretty promising.
Moogle Man
Posted: May 10 2012, 11:56 PM

Group Icon

well it's great that you're pursuing something you want to do, maybe one day you'll start a kickstarter project for everyone to fund laugh.gif
Sir_Crono531
Posted: Jul 2 2012, 03:02 PM

Don Juan

Member No.: 516

Hey just out of curiousity, does anyone still have that Image we all created together? Do you guys remember that? We all took turns adding a video game character or something. I'm really not sure why I thought about it so suddenly but it would be amazing if anyone kept a copy of that.
WolfPack
Posted: Sep 24 2012, 08:46 PM

Team - Wannabe.

Member No.: 109

Actually I do. I'm at work atm (lol), but I can throw it up on Facebook/Image shack for everyone to get.

I just have to find it first. I'm not actually sure I have a final copy of it, but If I don't, I'm sure Galaxyfalcon does somewhere.
TheBrain
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 12:53 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hello, I would like to know if people still visit the forums after I've changed the splash screen intro last month.
Moogle Man
Posted: Nov 18 2012, 02:31 AM

Group Icon

Hah, yeah I noticed but didn't give it much thought
WolfPack
Posted: Jan 11 2013, 01:24 AM

Team - Wannabe.

Member No.: 109

Ya still visit.

Every one have a good set of holidays?

On a side note, I still don't have most of you on Facebook. You should all add me. http://www.facebook.com/Ulflander
GmMontex03
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 04:38 AM

I-Spy Master!

Member No.: 607

This is my first reply in months (as GmMontex03 OR Lanto)

Ya, i'm on facebook with some of the other users.

https://www.facebook.com/lance.iliev
Apocalypse
Posted: Jul 7 2013, 08:34 PM

Got me a job working for the big G.

Going to interview for a more permanent position soon. My chances are looking pretty good.

Otherwise, yeah, little side projects continue, albeit slowed immensely by the ridiculous number of topics I've needed to study in order to be better qualified for my job.
« Next Oldest | Town Center - Millenial Fair | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0828 seconds | Archive

2003-2004 CTRP(Site Only)- 1995,1999 Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and all related games and characters are registered trade marks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

CTRP Team is not affiliated in any way to Square Enix Co., Ltd.