We Be Pirates
is a member of
The Pirate Ring
[Prev] [Next] [Random] [Home] [Join] [List Sites]

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Pirates We Be. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pirate Books, New stories
Country Pirate
Posted: Nov 10 2005, 09:16 AM

landlubber

Group: Members
Member No.: 69

Hello to all you pirate fans out there. Before you all critisize me for this posting (as i have been on many other forums and received this for not joining sooner, only when I appear to them to have an alterior motif), just remember that piracy takes over people in many different ways, and that not everyone is willing to take part in forums.

I have been a pirate fan since i was very little, many through films and books. So, now that i am nearing my 40th birthday (cant believe that i admitted to that!), i decided to have my mid life crisis and get on with some of my ambitions - one of which was to write a book.

After many a long time,and what seems like a million letters to publishers/agents, etc (who always replied that they were not taking any new authors on), i finally managed to secure a deal with a company in America (I am from UK). So i would like to share my success with you and let you have the details of my book. It is suitable for anyone from the age of 10 years upwards who likes, of course, pirates.

SYNOPSIS
1716 is going to be a year that Sam will not forget. Located on the South West Coast of England is ‘The Four Keys Inn’, where Sam lives and works, and after a chance find of a coin and a jewel, there begins the start of several dramatic life changing occurrences. Pairing up with Old Tom, Sam becomes a thief and steals from the pirate guests…. but Old Tom is from bad stock and not as honest as he initially claims! When events take a turn for the worse, Sam decides to run with the mysterious Captain Marcus Fleet, who carries with him several dark secrets. With the aid of a cursed silver ring containing a blood red ruby, a family heirloom, he purposely leads Sam towards a new life.

For those of you who feel like they would like to read more, the ISBN number is 1413787940, and it will be available soon from www.publishamerica.com, amazon.com, barnes and nobles, and the borders bookstore websites. If you do contact Publish america and cant find it (give them an email and ask them to post it on the site asap).

I thank you for taking the time to read this - and by the way I am a wench and not a lad, not that this make me any less ferocious!
Pirate Liz teh Loser
  Posted: Nov 23 2006, 05:37 PM

landlubber

Group: Members
Member No.: 91

Yarr! Tis good to see a pirate wench out there gettin' published! I aspire ter be an author some day, an' I love ter write about pirates too. Course I be only 14, but I can dream, aye, I can dream.

Congrats there, matey, on yer book, it seems ter be a fine plot. I shall be lookin' fer it on Borders websites an' recommending it ter' my friends fer a good pirate-eque read. A fine effort if I ever did see 'un!

X.x Teh Liz

--------------------
JACK:Ah, where is dear William?
ELIZABETH:Will.
WILLIAM:Elizabeth.
JACK:Monkey.
« Next Oldest | what be new | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0825 seconds | Archive