Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to .hack//DIVERGENCE Subplot. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Chase the Chalice!, A journey through the waves.
Uruvei
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 03:21 PM

Cat Queen of the Advent Dynasty
Group Icon

Group: Advent Dynasty
Member No.: 3,492

Ohh... those are crystals, not colorful candles. Heh. >_>;

So what approximate level are the middling and difficult monsters supposed to be? I assume weaklings are level one.

--------------------
Uruvei of the Purple Rose
Lvl 9 Long Arm (60 SP//230 HP)
GP: 8969 GP
Weapon: Bloody Lance (Triple Doom, DEATH)
Body: Leather Armor (Vak Kruz) // Noble Cloak (Rue Zot) // Leather Coat (Gan Zot) // Ring Mail (Juk Kruz) // Zombie Torso (Rip Synk)
Hand: Silver Bracer (Rai Rom) // Wristbands (Juk Rom) // Zombie Arms (Rip Teyn)
Head: Guard Cap (Repth) // Zombie Scalp (Rip Maen)
Leg: Leg Mail // Zombie Legs (Vak Rom)
Items: Health Drink x7, Ressurect x4, Antidote x15, Chocolates (Box of Four) x1, Chocolate Santa x1, Speed Charm x4, Soul Charm x1, Summon Earth x1, The Moon x1, Nightblight x1, Ice Storm x1, Raining Rocks x1, Fire Tempest x3, Meteor Swarm x3

Recent Quests and Events:
Killin' Zombies (Thriller)
A Haunting Memory
Ghost Dance
Chase the Chalice
nighthand
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 04:51 PM

Bladesmage, GM of Main
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

You're level 9, so the weaklings would be level 1-3, the middling would be level 8-10 ish, and the strong would be 15-20 or higher if you wish.

For someone level 30, all of those would be weak, so for a level 30 the middling would be 28-35 and the strong would be 40+.

It's basically a general indication that "there are monsters out there for you to fight, regardless of your level, that will give you a challenge, and there are monsters out there that you can mop the floor with, and everything in between."

Don't worry too much about the specific levels of them, unless it matters to your character specifically or something.

--------------------
Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka.
Nighthand, 50th Level Heavy Blade, Bladesmage. {{My items and such}}
user posted image
Kongregate logo Be sure to sign up!
Uruvei
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 07:11 AM

Group Icon

I see. So a level one player and a level 30 player would both do equivalent damage to the same monster.

--------------------
Body: Leather Armor (Vak Kruz) // Noble Cloak (Rue Zot) // Leather Coat (Gan Zot) // Ring Mail (Juk Kruz) // Zombie Torso (Rip Synk)
Items: Health Drink x7, Ressurect x4, Antidote x15, Chocolates (Box of Four) x1, Chocolate Santa x1, Speed Charm x4, Soul Charm x1, Summon Earth x1, The Moon x1, Nightblight x1, Ice Storm x1, Raining Rocks x1, Fire Tempest x3, Meteor Swarm x3

A Haunting Memory
Ghost Dance
Chase the Chalice
nighthand
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 05:09 PM

Bladesmage, GM of Main
Group Icon

Not quite. A level 1 and a level 30 would both do equivalent damage on a Goblin Warrior, but if the level 30 attacked the same goblin warrior that the level 1 was attacking, the level 30 would wipe the floor with it, as to him it would be a goblin weakling.

This is all turning out more complicated than I had expected, so maybe I'll change that system in the next wave.

--------------------
user posted image
Exangelus
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 11:33 PM

None Are As Hated As I Am
Group Icon

Group: Radical Dreamers
Member No.: 2,112

To be honest, I kind of like the system the way it is. It's only complex if you're really trying to coordinate your fights with all the other player characters (us), where it feels like the proposed system was designed around the notion that every player can adjust the non-stated elements of the fights he or she chose to participate in, adjusting it to be interesting to write about and read, while not affecting other player characters and potentially invalidating or arguing against their posts.

It sounds like it was written to be character-friendly, with more respect to their playability, than a strict monster strength system (static levels, etc.).

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Exangelus l Level 25 Twin Blade [150 SP]
Weapon: Mukuro [Dark Dance, Swirling Dark]
Armor: Firedance Hat | Firedrake Mail | Smith's Gloves | Fire Lizard
Accessories: Black Magic | Swift Book
Magic: Repth, Vak Kruz, Vak Don, Ap Torv
Current Quest: None
GP: 16610

Profile/Status
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Stane
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 03:01 AM

The Gun Pointed at the Head of the Universe.
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE (nighthand @ Jul 2 2010, 12:09 PM)
Not quite. A level 1 and a level 30 would both do equivalent damage on a Goblin Warrior, but if the level 30 attacked the same goblin warrior that the level 1 was attacking, the level 30 would wipe the floor with it, as to him it would be a goblin weakling.

This is all turning out more complicated than I had expected, so maybe I'll change that system in the next wave.

So a level one could go around and tap all of the monsters on the shoulder and then everyone would be fighting weedles?

--------------------
user posted image
Level 7 Heavy Blade EXP: 0/1000 HP: 190, SP: 34 5444 Gold Clan: Advent Dynasty Profile

"God is dead."
-- Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead."
-- God
nighthand
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 04:36 AM

Bladesmage, GM of Main
Group Icon

The way it is, is that on the field there are monsters ranging from level 1 to level, say, 60. A level 1 player would, hopefully, be fighting monsters within their strength range. A level 30 should also be doing the same. Neither would want to challenge the level 60, though if you want to, by all means go for it, just remember you'll probably be stomped.

The point is that, for every given level, there are monsters around that are no challenge, there are monsters around that will challenge you, and there are monsters around that will stomp your shit into the ground. The three "categories" I present are those three options available to you. So no, a level 1 player going around tapping everyone on the shoulder would just get the level 1 killed by something level 20+ eventually, it won't alter the levels of the monsters.

So yeah, basically what Exangelus was saying; it's designed around telling a good story and playing it by rough challenge levels, instead of having "here are some level 10s, here are some level 20s, here are some level 30s, and the level 45 player in the corner has nothing to challenge them."

--------------------
user posted image
Locke
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 01:39 PM

Treasure Hunter of the AoD
Group Icon

Group: Army of Darkness
Member No.: 5,728

Hai from our favorite treasure-hunting long-lost Twin Blade!

So, since my duties on a dying site suddenly left me with a lot of free time... I'm in. Been a while since I added to my troph- er, I mean, rare item collection. So I'll be writing up this post, since I'll be in the car for the next eight hours on the second half of the trip up to Michigan. Yay for "I'm bored" motivation!

--------------------
Character Information
Baron | Level 37 Twin Blade [400 / 1000 EXP] | 711 HP / 215 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 350 (As of 10/17/09)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Elemental Scrolls (preferably Rai, Level 2+).

I has a LiveJournal?! O.o

user posted image (Click me please. D:)
Uruvei
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 02:43 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Locke @ Jul 4 2010, 09:39 AM)
Hai from our favorite treasure-hunting long-lost Twin Blade!

So, since my duties on a dying site suddenly left me with a lot of free time... I'm in. Been a while since I added to my troph- er, I mean, rare item collection. So I'll be writing up this post, since I'll be in the car for the next eight hours on the second half of the trip up to Michigan. Yay for "I'm bored" motivation!

Whoa dude. Haven't seen you around in a while! Nice to see another familiar face pop up. smile.gif

--------------------

A Haunting Memory
Ghost Dance
Chase the Chalice
Locke
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 04:42 AM

Treasure Hunter of the AoD
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,728

I've been lurking. ^^; Just haven't had a muse until recently.

--------------------
Character Information
Baron | Level 37 Twin Blade [400 / 1000 EXP] | 711 HP / 215 SP
Weapon: Fishskin
Armor: Emperor's Crown/Bone Armor/Thunder Gloves/Ninja Anklet
Accessories/Books: Ethereal Angel Wings, Silver Grunty
Skills: Thunder Coil, Gale of Swords
Spells: Merrows, GiRai Don, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot, Rai Don, Ani Don, Duk Lei
GP: 350 (As of 10/17/09)
Wishlist: Nny Scales, Lucky Shoes, Saint Cross, Greave Sticker, Elemental Scrolls (preferably Rai, Level 2+).

I has a LiveJournal?! O.o

user posted image (Click me please. D:)
Uruvei
Posted: Jul 20 2010, 07:28 AM

Group Icon

--------------------

A Haunting Memory
Ghost Dance
Chase the Chalice
Urufu
Posted: Jul 21 2010, 02:28 PM

White wolf of the Advent Dynasty
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,956

I think I'd like to join this event, it sounds fun and Uruvei told me to. I will try to post soon. =D

--------------------
Name:Urufu
Class:Wavemaster lvl 7
Weapon: Wand of Wisdom (Vak Don, Vak Kruz)
Gold: 400 (7-23-10)
Current Quest: None
Urufu
user posted image
Takua
Posted: Jul 22 2010, 12:24 AM

The AoD's Vampire
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,005

For those with status effects...

Goblins will take all status effects at a 40% chance of it taking hold. Mad Grass takes all but Sleep at 35%. Corrupted Souls can only be hit by Confuse at a 20% chance.

Also, my upcoming post will have Takua posted over the Chalice, handing out heals, Dek Ganz, or OrGan Dons to keep monsters off the Chalice or to weaken those that we're fighting. So the odds are quite good that he's going to bash a monster that you're fighting at some point, or weaken it. You're more than welcome to use any of those spells in your posts, given that he's trying to keep monsters from sneaking in again by flying over our objective and tagging/casting spells on those that come in range. We should also probably coordinate a strategy to keep monsters away. Does anyone want to tank monsters while he pounds away at them?

Or do we just want to fight on our own like usual without a strategy to keep the horde away?

Also, if anyone wants Rig Geam or Ap Do (or, coming up, Ap Vorma and Rig Saem), just lemme know.

This post has been edited by Takua on Jul 22 2010, 12:29 AM

--------------------
Takua - Lvl 52 Wavemaster
user posted image
user posted image
nighthand
Posted: Aug 8 2010, 12:59 AM

Bladesmage, GM of Main
Group Icon

Back from vacation. I'll probably attempt to post tomorrow.

--------------------
user posted image
Uruvei
Posted: Aug 9 2010, 06:33 AM

Group Icon

Woot. Been waiting for that. biggrin.gif

(Okay, I could have posted while you were away, but I got distracted. >_<; )

--------------------

A Haunting Memory
Ghost Dance
Chase the Chalice
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Special Events | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1727 seconds | Archive

Affiliates:
RPG,D&D Library
.hack is TM & 2001-2008 Bandai. DIVERGENCE is 2003-2006 Gingitsune, 2005-2007 Rayo and Lyra, and 2008-2009 Lyra and Centrus. All posts are their posters as of the time posted.